The Seminary’s Writing Support Center offers students research and writing assistance through individual sessions and group workshops. Its programs are designed to support student learning and the development of strong research and writing skills.
The Writing Support Center hosts workshops throughout the semester on a variety of topics.
One-on-one sessions are available by appointment. Email Melissa Chim to set up an appointment, or come to drop-in office hours, Thursdays from 1:30-3 pm.
These sessions are designed to help students become more confident and effective writers and can be useful at any stage of the writing process. These are not proofreading or editing sessions, but rather an opportunity to discuss:
- writing clearly and effectively
- incorporating and citing sources
- structuring and organizing paragraphs & papers
- improving sentences and grammar
- performing effective research
Contact Melissa Chim, Reference Librarian and Writing Support Center Manager, with any questions!
email@example.com | (646) 717-9747
Writing Support Resources:
Turabian Citation Guide
Using the Library Catalog Handout
Databases and Online References
Using Ebooks at the Keller Library
Writing a Thesis at GTS
Starting June 1st, the library will be reopened to the public. Visitors must be fully vaccinated and show proof at the front desk. Masks are not required for those who are fully vaccinated. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Maintain proper spacing at library tables
- Continue social distancing/don't crowd areas
- Please wash your hands and use the hand sanitizer station by the library doors